Contrasted to the din and bustle of a restaurant, a home cook’s status is positively monastic–solitary, filled with not-entirely-quiet contemplation. So it was with eagerness and a bit of apprehension that I teamed up with my friend Noah (aka Mr. Pushpush) to cook our wives an Italian-slanted four-star restaurant-grade meal on the night before Valentine’s Day. It was a success, but not without its fair share of “oh shit” moments. Continue reading
- Duck Confit: A Great Way to Fool People Into Thinking You’re Fancy
- Total Hack: Ridiculously Easy Panna Cotta
- Mushroom Pie: The Sweetest Pie That Isn’t Sweet
- Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me Panna Cotta Was a Cheat?
- People Who Don’t Wash Leeks Are Living on the Edge (of Poopville)
- GGS: The Secret Heart of 2 Billion Asian Dinners (Spicy Lettuce Burritos Included)
- Why I Deliberately Effed Up a Perfectly Decent Lemon Square Recipe
- The Feast of February 13: Wooly Pigs, Racked Lambs, Ravicarbonaroli, Batter-Fried Salads and Panna Not So Cotta
- Where Was I? Oh Right… FOOD!!!
- Salad Theory: No More Excuses, People