I was just about to snack on some pre-frozen mini eggrolls–which I took an extra 7 minutes to bake in the oven instead of zapping in the microwave, because yeah, I’m big into authentic preparation–when I realized our fridge was devoid of any of those sweet chili sauces that you see all over the fake Asian sections of groceries. Not to fear: I mixed honey and sriracha together, and within seconds, my baby eggrolls were gone. If you want to feel really good about yourself, toss in some minced garlic and/or minced ginger. And it’s not just a good stand-in, it’s a smart replacement: You will never, ever waste money on that pre-bottled stuff again. (More money left for unhealthy pre-frozen eggrolls…YAY!)
- Duck Confit: A Great Way to Fool People Into Thinking You’re Fancy
- Total Hack: Ridiculously Easy Panna Cotta
- Mushroom Pie: The Sweetest Pie That Isn’t Sweet
- Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me Panna Cotta Was a Cheat?
- People Who Don’t Wash Leeks Are Living on the Edge (of Poopville)
- GGS: The Secret Heart of 2 Billion Asian Dinners (Spicy Lettuce Burritos Included)
- Why I Deliberately Effed Up a Perfectly Decent Lemon Square Recipe
- The Feast of February 13: Wooly Pigs, Racked Lambs, Ravicarbonaroli, Batter-Fried Salads and Panna Not So Cotta
- Where Was I? Oh Right… FOOD!!!
- Salad Theory: No More Excuses, People