Made Saveur’s Urfa (Spiced Lamb) Kebab, from the May 2009 issue. Followed the super-easy recipe with no troubles. I did broil instead of grilling (hey, it was drizzly!). The magazine’s beauty shot is what you see at left, with that tomato. Here’s what mine looked like:
How different are they? Mine’s definitely “turdier.” Maybe I shoulda done it on the grill, just to flatten it out a bit. Whatever–they tasted great, with couscous and a salad.
- Duck Confit: A Great Way to Fool People Into Thinking You’re Fancy
- Total Hack: Ridiculously Easy Panna Cotta
- Mushroom Pie: The Sweetest Pie That Isn’t Sweet
- Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me Panna Cotta Was a Cheat?
- People Who Don’t Wash Leeks Are Living on the Edge (of Poopville)
- GGS: The Secret Heart of 2 Billion Asian Dinners (Spicy Lettuce Burritos Included)
- Why I Deliberately Effed Up a Perfectly Decent Lemon Square Recipe
- The Feast of February 13: Wooly Pigs, Racked Lambs, Ravicarbonaroli, Batter-Fried Salads and Panna Not So Cotta
- Where Was I? Oh Right… FOOD!!!
- Salad Theory: No More Excuses, People